Pete’s Pier King of The Bay Fishing
1. These Tournament rules may be changed any time through the conclusion of the Captain’s Meeting. Our Captain’s Meeting
will be held Friday, May 17, 2024, at 7:00 PM at Pete’s Pier Marina and is mandatory for each boat/team to attend to
fish the Tournament.
2. Pete’s Pier King of The Bay Fishing Tournament is an overall total combined weight-based tournament. Anglers, regardless
of the division, will present their One Redfish and Two Trout at the weigh-in on Saturday, May 18th, 2024, as indicated,
below. All paid places in each division are determined by the combined weight of the fish presented at the weigh-in. The
Guaranteed paid places shall be $10,000 1st Place, $1,500 2nd place, and $500 3rd Place.
3. NEW for 2024 we will have an Additional Division for Gag Grouper. Each Registered Boat/Team may also present their one
Gag Grouper for weigh-in. The Gag Grouper Division paid places shall be determined by the weight of the one Gag Grouper
presented for weigh-in. The Guaranteed paid places shall be $5,000 1st Place, $1,500 2nd Place, and $500 3rd Place.
4. Limited Eligible species to One Redfish and Two Trout, Eligible Redfish must measure 18”-27” from nose to tip of the tail
and One Trout 15”-19” and one Trout over the 19” size limit per boat. There shall be only one weigh-in per registered boat for
Redfish; Trout, and/or One Gag Grouper. If a vessel does not catch a Trout over the 19” slot limit, then two trout under the
19” slot limit can be weighed in. The one Gag Grouper shall measure 24” or more from the tip of the head to the tip of the tail
when pinched together. “FWC Rules Shall Apply” to all fish caught whetherr or not they are weighed in.
5. Every boat/team must be fully paid and registered prior to 6:30 PM Friday, May 17th, 2024, for ALL anglers fishing in
the Tournament. There shall be NO refunds of entry fees unless the tournament committee cancels the tournament. The entire
team (all anglers fishing the tournament for the team) must be declared on the registration form. Definition of Team: Captains
will determine number up to maximum capacity of their vessel, kayaks are considered a vessel and can only have as many
anglers as one vessel permits (combining multiple kayaks is not permitted) if fishing from land your team will have a max of 2
anglers on your team.
6. Fishing starts at 6:00 AM Saturday, May 18th, 2024. No lines in the water prior to this time.
7. Check-in for weigh-in line will be between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM sharp at Pete’s Pier. (The exact location to be discussed at Captains
8. Tournament Boundaries: NORTH - Cedar Key; SOUTH - Hernando/Pasco County Line; WEST - No limit. All fish must be
caught in the Gulf of Mexico.
9. All fish must be caught with handheld rods and reels. No electric reels.
10. Two or more boats coming in physical contact during fishing hours in any manner will be disqualified. A boat rendering
assistance to another boat will not be disqualified in the case of an emergency at sea, such as onboard fire, sinking, medical
emergencies, etc. Any boat/team that receives assistance, other than outlined previously, from another boat will be
disqualified from the tournament.
11. This is a captain’s choice tournament. Therefore, it is up to the discretion of the registered captain to determine whether his or
her craft is seaworthy for existing sea conditions. Participants are encouraged to scan channel 16, in addition to the
tournament channel (68) to keep abreast of any marine or weather warnings. The captain is responsible for all members of
his/her crew both on and off the water.
12. Teams/Anglers must be in the weigh-in line by 5:00 PM, Saturday, May 18th, 2024, at Pete’s Pier Marina, 1sw
1st Place, Crystal River, FL (NO EXCEPTIONS). Scales will open at approximately 3:15 PM. All teams/anglers must go to
weigh-in check-in first. You must have your hand stamped and your fish (Gag Grouper, Redfish and Trout tagged to be
eligible to weigh-in. Tournament officials will be at drop dock and gates to verify time and call last into the weigh-in line.
Exact Two locations will be announced at the captains meeting.
13. Those fish being presented for weigh-In may be brought to the weigh-in by boat or by car. A crew member must accompany
the fish during the weigh-in. Eligible species limited to One Redfish and Two Trout, and One Gag Grouper.
14. Eligible Redfish must measure 18”-27” from nose to tip of tail and (1) Trout 15”-19” and (1) Trout over the limit per boat. If a
vessel does not catch a Trout over the 19” slot limit, then two trout could be weighted in under the 19” slot limit. Gag
Division: The one Gag Grouper shall measure 24” or more from the tip of the head to the tip of the tail when pinched together
“FWC Rules shall apply” to all fish presented. It is possible for one boat to win both divisions.
15. No rotten, dirty, or mutilated fish will be permitted for weigh-in. All fish weighed shall become property of Pete’s Pier Marina
until cleared. Unwanted fish may be donated, so all fish are required to be properly iced and cared for.
16. Any Gag Grouper, Redfish, or Trout weighed in containing lead or any foreign matter will be subject to disqualification
as determined by the tournament weigh master. First, 2nd, and 3rd place fish will be gutted to receive paid winnings.
17. Protests made to the tournament committee shall be accompanied by $500 cash deposit. A protest must be presented no later
than 30 minutes after the last fish is weighed. The $500 cash deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld by the tournament
committee. The $500 cash deposit will become the property of the Pete’s Pier Marina if the protest is not upheld. Decision of
the tournament committee will be final.
18. By entering into the tournament each contestant agrees to submit to polygraph testing and abide by its conclusion. The
polygraph test(s) will be issued at the discretion of the tournament directors. A minimum of three (3) tests will be performed;
First Place Overall, Second Place, and Third Place. The results of the polygraph test are final and cannot be protested or
reviewed by a court of law. Failure to take, pass and\or submit to the polygraph will result in disqualification of entire team
and forfeit all winnings awarded. Each contestant selected for polygraph must have in their possession a valid picture ID and
Florida State fishing license. Captain listed on registration form is required to take test. Tests will be given on Sunday,
May 19th, 2024. Winning Checks for chosen teams will be awarded after passing of the test.
19. Tournament Directors have the right to board any boat and view any marine, fishing equipment, and boats GPS Tracks.
20. In the event of a tie, the boat/team that weighs in first breaks the tie.
21. ALL TOURNAMENT WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT AT TOURNAMENT AWARDS TO RECEIVE WINNINGS
CHECK. Anyone receiving a check or prize from this Tournament must complete a W-9 Form before check will be written.
Awards will begin at approximately 8:00 PM – Saturday, May 18th, 2024. (Minimum of one team member authorized
to fill out paperwork and receive check must be present otherwise the winnings will be forfeited).
22. The tournament committee has the right to refuse entry to any applicant. In the event such refusal occurs, 100% of the
applicant’s entry fee will be returned.
23. Registered boats must comply with State, Federal and U.S.C.G. safety and fishing regulations. All Pete’s Pier Marina
Tournament Rules must be adhered to.
24. The decisions of the King of the Bay Tournament Committee and Weigh Master are final. Any captain or crew caught
cheating will be disqualified from all future fishing tournaments.