Pete’s Pier King of The Bay Fishing Tournament Rules and Regulations
1. The Tournament rules may be changed any time through the conclusion of the Captain’s Meeting. Our Captain’s Meeting is Friday May 8th 7th, 2020, is mandatory for each boat/team.
2. Pete’s Pier King of The Bay Fishing is an overall total combined weight-based tournament. Anglers, regardless of the division, will present their One Redfish and Five Trout at the weigh-in on Saturday May 9, 2020 as indicated below. All paid places in each division are determined by the combined weight of the fish presented at the weigh-in. $10,000.00 1st Place Guaranteed, 2nd place $1,500.00, and 3rd Place $500.00 Additional paid places will be added: one for every 10 boats over 150 boats entered in the tournament. The overall combined weight for One Redfish and Five Trout per boat is deemed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
3. Limited Eligible species to One Redfish and Five Trout. Eligible Redfish must measure 18”-27” from nose to tip of the tail and 4 Trout 15”-19” and one Trout over the limit per boat. One weight in per boat.
4. Every boat/team must be paid and registered prior to midnight Friday, May 8th, 2020. No refund of entry fees unless the tournament committee cancels the tournament. The entire team (all of the anglers fishing the tournament for the team) must be declared on the registration form. Definition of Team: Captains will determine number up to maximum capacity of their vessel, kayaks are considered a vessel and only can have as many anglers as one vessel permits (combining multiple kayaks is not permitted) if fishing from land your team will have a max of 2 anglers on your team.
5. Fishing starts at 7:00 am Saturday, May 9th, 2020. No lines in the water prior to this time.
6. Tournament Boundaries: North: Cedar Key South: Tarpon Springs No more than 30 miles west. All fish must be caught in the Gulf of Mexico.
7. All fish must be caught with hand held rods and reels. No electric reels.
8. Two or more boats coming in physical contact during fishing hours in any manner will be disqualified. A boat rendering assistance to another boat will not be disqualified in the case of an emergency at sea, such as onboard fire, sinking, medical emergencies, etc. Any boat/team that receives assistance, other than outlined previously, from another boat will be disqualified from the tournament.
9. This is a captain’s choice tournament. Therefore it is up to the discretion of the registered captain to determine whether his or her craft is seaworthy for existing sea conditions. Participants are encouraged to scan channel 16, in addition to the tournament channel (68) to keep abreast of any marine or weather warnings. The captain is responsible for all members of his/her crew both on and off the water.
10. Teams / Anglers must be in weigh-in line by 5:00 PM, Saturday, May 9th, 2020 at Pete’s Pier Marina, 1sw 1st Place Crystal River FL 200 (NO EXCEPTIONS). Scales will open at approximately 3:15pm. All teams/angler must go to weigh-in check-in first. You must have your hand stamped and your Redfish and Trout tagged to be eligible to weigh. Tournament officials will be at drop dock and gates to verify time and call last in weigh-in line.
11. Redfish and Trout may be brought to the weigh-in by boat or by car. A crew member must accompany the fish during the weigh-in. Eligible species limited to One Redfish and Five Trout.
(1) Eligible Redfish must measure 18”-27” from nose to fork and (4) Trout 15”-19” and (1) Trout over the limit per boat.
12. No rotten or mutilated fish will be weighed in. All fish weighed become property of Pete’s Pier Marina. Unwanted fish may be donated and every fish need to be properly iced and cared for.
13. Any Redfish and Trout weighed-in containing lead or any foreign matter will be subject to disqualification as determined by the tournament weigh master. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place fish will be gutted to receive paid winnings.
14. Protests made to the tournament committee shall be accompanied by $500 cash deposit. A protest must be presented no later than 30 minutes after the last fish is weighed. The $500 cash deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld by the tournament committee. The $500 cash deposit will become the property of the Pete’s Pier Marina if the protest is not upheld. Decision of the tournament committee will be final.
15. By entering into the tournament each contestant agrees to submit to polygraph testing and abide by its conclusion. The polygraph test(s) will be issued at the discretion of the tournament directors. A minimum of three (3) tests will be performed; First Place Overall, Second Place, and Third Place. The results of the polygraph test are final and cannot be protested or reviewed by a court of law. Failure to take, pass and\or submit to the polygraph will result in disqualification of entire team and forfeit all winnings awarded. Each contestant selected for polygraph must have in their possession a valid picture ID and Florida State fishing license. Captain listed on registration form is required to take test. Tests will be given on Sunday, May 10th, 2020. Winning Checks for chosen teams will be awarded after passing of the test.
16. Tournament Directors have the right to board any boat and view any marine, fishing equipment & boats GPS Track.
17. In the event of a tie, the boat/team that weighs in first breaks the tie.
18. ALL TOURNAMENT WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT AT TOURNAMENT AWARDS TO RECEIVE WINNINGS CHECK. Anyone receiving a check or prize from this Tournament must complete a W-9 Form before check will be written. Awards will begin at approximately 8:30pm – Saturday May 9, 2020. (Minimum of one team member authorized to fill out paperwork and receive check must be present otherwise the winnings will be forfeited)
19. All payouts excluding first, second and third place are based on 150 boats. One additional Place Paid for every 10 boats Registered over 150 boats.
20. The tournament committee has the right to refuse entry to any applicant. In the event such refusal occurs, 100% of the applicant’s entry fee will be returned.
21. Registered boats must comply with State, Federal and U.S.C.G. safety and fishing regulations. All Pete’s Pier Marina Tournament Rules must be adhered to.
22. The decisions of the King of the Bay Tournament Committee and Weigh Master are final. Any captain or crew caught cheating will be disqualified from all future fishing tournaments.